- Appreciations of Professor J.H. Burns, from friends and colleagues.
- Jeremy Bentham: Prophet of Secularism by Philip Schofield (80th Conway Memorial Lecture, 2011) published at UCL Discovery.
- Volume 14 of the Journal of Bentham Studies has been published, featuring papers by Michael Quinn, Philip Steadman, and Vincent-Emmanuel Mathon.
- The Bentham Project has been awarded a grant of $538,000 by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, for a project entitled The Consolidated Bentham Papers Repository.
- The latest volume of The Collected Works of Jeremy Bentham has been published by Oxford University Press: On the Liberty of the Press, and Public Discussion and Other Legal and Political Writings for Spain and Portugal, edited by Catherine Pease-Watkin and Philip Schofield.
- Tribute to Catherine Fuller, 1947-2011.
- Report from the International Symposium on Bentham's Legal Philosophy, Zhengzhou University, 12 and 13 May 2012.
- Bentham artwork installed alongside the auto-icon on 18 April 2012.
- View the fantastic 360-degree rotatable Virtual Auto-Icon!
- The 12th Conference of the International Society for Utilitarian Studies (ISUS) was held on 8-11 August 2012 at the Stern School of Business, New York University.
2012 Bentham Seminars (Wednesdays 11:00am – 1:00pm. Committee Room, School of Public Policy, The Rubin Building, 29-30 Tavistock Square, University College London)
- 29 February 2012: Dr Emmanuelle de Champs (Paris VIII), Bentham in the Twentieth Century: A Survey of the Times Literary Supplement
- 7 March 2012: Dr Tim Causer (UCL), Jeremy Bentham’s and Alexander Maconochie’s Theories of Punishment
- 14 March 2012: James Shafe (UCL), Utilitarian Public Reason
- 21 March 2012: Professor Claire Grant (University of Leicester), Law and Oppression
- 13 June 2012 Professor James Murphy (Dartmouth College) A Commentary on the 'Comment': Jeremy Bentham on Custom