- Professor Philip Schofield talks about Jeremy Bentham's Utilitarianism on the Philosophy Bites podcast.
- Professor Philip Schofield gave this year's Conway Memorial Lecture at Conway Hall, on 26 October 2011, entitled 'Jeremy Bentham: Prophet of Secularism'. Listen to a recording of the lecture, or an interview with Professor Schofield (both items courtesy of the Pod Delusion podcast).
- The Bentham Project was honoured with an Award of Distinction by the Prix Ars Electronica for its Transcribe Bentham initiative!
- The Bright Club podcast about Bentham featured Dr Valerie Wallace and comedian Helen Keen.
- A video was produced about the Bentham Project's editorial work and the Transcribe Bentham initiative.
- New Directions in Bentham Studies: An International Symposium was held at Bentham House, UCL, on 9 December 2011.
- The 11th conference of the International Society for Utilitarian Studies (ISUS) took place in Lucca in Italy on 23-25 June 2011, hosted by the University of Pisa.
- Jeremy Bentham: Selected Writings, edited by Stephen Engelmann, now published.
- Transcribe Bentham staff were interviewed and featured in radio piece and accompanying article for Deutsche Welle World.
- The Bentham Project was awarded a Beacon Bursary from UCL Public Engagement to run Bentham in the Community: a programme of public events.
- Programme for conference on Global Justice, Private Morality and Utilitarian Perspectives, Rome, Italy, June 20 2011.
2011 Bentham Seminars (Wednesdays 11:00am – 1:00pm. Committee Room, School of Public Policy, The Rubin Building, 29-30 Tavistock Square, University College London)
- 2 March 2011: Dr Malcolm Quinn (University of the Arts, London) Reading Reynolds with Bentham. The Idea of the Art School in Early Nineteenth-Century Britain
- 9 March 2011: Dr Valerie Wallace (UCL) Bentham and Scottish Presbyterianism
- 16 March 2011: Francesco Ferraro (Milan) Adjudication and Expectations. Bentham on the Role of Judges
- 23 March 2011: Dr Xiaobo Zhai (Beijing/UCL) Bentham on the Division of Power