London-Loughborough Centre for Doctoral Research in Energy Demand
Molecular Modelling & Materials Science
Virtual Environments, Imaging & Visualisation
Applying Mathematics and Physics to the complexity of life.
The following outline criteria will be used by the review panel to assess proposals:
- Does the proposed fellowship clearly meet the proposal criteria?
- Is it clear that the candidate is ready to lead an independent research project?
- Does the proposed project appear to be the candidate's own work, and are appropriate management provisions in place to support the transition from PhD to fellow?
- Is the proposed work clearly distinct from the research priorities of the PhD?
- Does the proposed project clearly define the research niche that the candidate wishes to work in? Is this compelling, and likely to attract research funding in future?
- Is there a workplan, and are the impact and outcomes of the work well formulated?
- Will the projected outcomes lead to the candidate being recognised as a leader?
- Are there appropriate provisions to exploit any emerging intellectual property?
- Has the candidate articulated a compelling career development strategy, and is there a clear rationale that the proposed work is complementary to this?