Why UCL and why Australia?
UCL is a great place to study and here are some of the reasons why:
- 1st - we are the most productive and highly cited research university in Europe (source: SIR Global Ranking).
- 1st - rated the best research university in London, third best in the UK overall (according to HEFCE and 2008 Research Assessment Exercise).
- 4th best in the world (QS World University Rankings 2013/14).
- 21 Nobel Prize winners – one per decade since the prize’s inauguration in 1901.
- UCL qualifications are recognised and respected all over the world with graduates highly sought after by employers.
Best study environment
- You will benefit from a programme of distinguished guest speakers from both industry and academia.
- Our high quality education and research programmes encourage creativity, innovation and independent thought.
- An interdisciplinary curriculum encompassing engineering, economics, policy, laws and political science.
- We value small-group teaching environments and tangible learning experiences.
- Major field trips organised through the year include BHP Billiton’s Olympic Dam (world’s largest uranium mine); Arrium’s steel rolling mills at Whyalla and Santos’ giant oil and gas assets in outback Australia.
- As a research-led university, UCL places particular emphasis on working with industry, government, and other university partners to ensure research generated by the UCL community is used to address major issues facing society today.
- Our niche MSc in Energy and Resource Management includes a major year two research project addressing an issue of current importance to industry.
- You will be at the heart of Australia’s booming resource industry.
- We are a full academic department of UCL and its first overseas campus.
- Our Australian campus is located in Adelaide, one of the world’s most liveable cities.