- About us
- Current Students
- Demand reduction and demand response - the need for joined up policy
- Australia’s Fossil Fuel Reserves – A Valueless Asset
- Going low carbon through innovation and collaboration
- Santos Scholarships bring global talent to Adelaide
- Launch of Australian Space Policy
- Defence and local industry workforce benefits from international university collaboration
- Is the National Electricity Market impeding the effectiveness of energy-sector policies designed to mitigate climate change through long-term investment in low-carbon technologies?
- Former environment and resources court Senior judge joins UCL
- WANTED: Effective management of water resources
- Going low carbon – the approach of the International Energy Policy Institute
- UCL Australia hosts the Chief Economist and Vice President of BP
- Can we afford not to have nuclear in our low-carbon energy mix?
- Do we have to suffer trauma before we take action on climate change?
- South Australian Climate Change Adaptation Showcase
- 2012 Graduation Ceremony at University College London, Australia
- Regional SA among world’s most vulnerable due to climate policy
- Innovation Not Just About Technology
- UCL Australia hosts Leading Economist
- Open Letter to the State Goverment
- First BHP Billiton scholarship winner visits Roxby Downs
- The Transition to a Low Carbon Economy: Inaugural Torrens Lecture
The Transition to a Low Carbon Economy: Inaugural Torrens Lecture
The world will require a mix of future generation technologies
as it struggles to balance rapidly increasing demand against the need for a
fundamental behavioural shift towards energy conservation, the need to secure
supply and carbon emissions.
Delivering the inaugural Torrens Lecture on 21 March, Dr Tim Stone says the transition to a low carbon economy will be a rugged journey. The lecture titled: ‘The Transition to a low carbon economy: the need to develop energy and government policy to support a national energy strategy’ considers the scale of the task and the urgency to begin.
DOWNLOAD DR STONE’S UCL PRESENTATION HERE (PDF - 3.55MB)