Where are you going?
| Where do you want to go tomorrow?
| Jobs with languages |
Examples of jobs | How
do you get there?
Working with languages
- examples of jobs
Apart from the demand for language teachers and translators,
people with languages are needed to work in almost any job where
contact with people from other countries might be necessary, e.g.
- finance - working for a company with a lot
of business abroad;
- language services - translation, interpreting
or advising companies with customers from another country;
- pharmaceuticals - sales and marketing;
- technology - helping people on a helpdesk,
technical sales to overseas markets;
- media - working on multilingual versions of
websites for different audiences;
- engineering - managing projects in other countries;
- social and civil services - providing language
support at local health centres;
- customer support services - in any business
with overseas customers;
- education - teaching in any sector from primary
- transport and distribution - responsible for
delivering goods to other countries;
- travel and tourism - with a holiday company
as a guide or researcher;
- fast moving consumer goods - marketing brands
sold in countries around the world.
Source: adapted from Languages Work www.cilt.org.uk/languageswork.htm
For more detailed information
CILT, the National Centre for Languages - Connexions Factsheets
how do you get there >>