- The facilities of the Housman Room are available to members on payment of an annual subscription (currently £30). All staff employed by UCL are eligible to become members. The application form is available on this website, or can be obtained from the Hon. Secretary or the Manager.
- Members may introduce guests into the Common Room by entering their names in the book kept for the purpose at the entrance to the room. Up to six guests may accompany a member on each occasion.
- UCL staff who have chosen not to become members cannot be admitted as guests.
- Postgraduate students: Before 2.30 pm, postgraduate students may not be brought into the Common Room. After 2.30 pm, registered postgraduate students of UCL may be introduced as guests, but only if they are signed in and remain accompanied by a member of the ASCR.
- Undergraduate students: Undergraduate students are not permitted to enter at any time, whether alone or accompanied by a member.
- If possible, lunchtime food should be consumed in the bar area to avoid giving offence to other members.
- Newspapers and magazines must not be removed from the Common Room.