History of Art
Published: Nov 25, 2014 11:49:09 AM
Published: Nov 14, 2014 12:17:16 PM
Published: Oct 3, 2014 2:10:33 PM
Images are vital to the work of the department and the technicians in the Visual Resources room are here to help staff and students make the most of images in their teaching and learning.
- Scanners are available for the production of digital image files from photographs, book illustrations, prints, photographic negatives and diapositives (slide film) up to A3 size.
- We provide full instruction in the use of these scanners and can provide help and basic instruction in the use of image manipulation software, such as Photoshop, and the creation of presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Assistance is also available in the manipulation and use of digital audio and video files.
- We still maintain the departmental slide collection. This archive of well over 100,000 analogue photographic slides was for many years key to the teaching in the department but has now been superseded by digital images.
- Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, we make sure that the digital resources in the department run as smoothly as possible and we are constantly on hand to resolve technical issues as and when they arise.