Published: Apr 15, 2014 11:27:00 AM
Published: Apr 15, 2014 11:24:58 AM
Published: Apr 2, 2014 10:02:30 AM
Published: Mar 25, 2014 11:58:05 AM
Published: Mar 21, 2014 8:33:59 AM
Study Abroad and Erasmus Students
Welcome to UCL History of Art
The Department of History of Art is an internationally recognised centre for teaching and research and is considered one of the most distinguished departments in its subject in the world. Our fields of expertise range from medieval European to contemporary art. The department’s renowned scholars teach to their research interests as well as ensuring that students have a solid and rounded education in art and visual culture from the Middle Ages to the present. Many of our students have gone on to notable careers in the academic world and in museums and galleries.
The department is situated in Bloomsbury, central London and has an unrivalled location for the study of history of art where students can visit major London galleries, archives and museums only moments away from UCL as part of their courses.
As a study abroad student at UCL, you will:
- Study alongside regular UCL and international students, benefiting from UCL's world-class teaching system and renowned academics.
- Benefit from UCL’s central London location, with some courses taught outside of the classroom in galleries and museums.
- Have the flexibility to take a range of courses across UCL so you can tailor your course choices to your own particular interests.
- Have access to your own academic tutor (known as an ‘Affiliate Tutor’)
- Be encouraged to integrate and take part in the department’s lively events and seminars. The department’s public lectures, conferences and other events draw audiences and participants from all over London.
- Be able to make the most of UCL student life, with access to hundreds of clubs, networks and societies.Further Information
- UCL Study Abroad Pages (admission, term dates, fees and application forms)
- Study Abroad Guide (information on UCL's study abroad programme)
- History of Art Courses (for declared History of Art majors admitted to the department)
- Art and Architecture in London courses (for students studying in and admitted to other UCL departments)
If you are interested in studying in the History of Art Department as an Erasmus student, you will need to check that an Erasmus agreement is in place between your home institution and the History of Art Department here at UCL and then apply via this route.
We look forward to welcoming you to UCL History of Art!
You can contact the Department’s Study Abroad Tutor: Diana Dethloff (email@example.com)
Page last modified on 15 aug 13 16:34