History of Art
Published: Jul 31, 2014 8:57:55 AM
Published: Jun 3, 2014 10:28:00 AM
Published: Jun 3, 2014 10:27:00 AM
Published: Jun 3, 2014 10:20:23 AM
Published: Apr 30, 2014 10:43:34 AM
Prospective Masters Students
The MA in History of Art is designed to enable students to acquire specialised knowledge pertaining to the field of art history and develop independent research skills. It is open to both full-time and part-time students. Assessment is by coursework and dissertation.
- Robert Mills - Human and Nonhuman in Medieval Art
- Rose Marie San Juan - Cannibalism and the Early Modern Image
- Mechthild Fend - Tracing the Body: Technologies of Representation in 18th and 19th Century France
- Stephanie Schwartz - American Media: Publicity and the Logics of Surveillance
- Fred Schwartz - Politics of the Image: Germany 1890-1945
- Briony Fer - Art as theory: the writing of art
- Tamar Garb - Race/place:exotic/erotic
Students who would like to be considered for departmental or UCL funding have to apply by the first deadline (13 January 2014). Generally, we encourage students to submit their applications as early as possible. Early applicants have the best chance of getting a place in the Special Subject Courses of their choice. Later applications (coming in between February and the final deadline in mid-June) will be considered if places are available; we try to make decisions on these by the end of July.
13 January 2014 (for interviews in February)
14 June 2014 (final deadline!)
The application requires a statement of purpose from the student, two letters from referees and an academic transcript. The student should indicate in their initial application the Special Subjects they are interested in. Students will be contacted by the department shortly after the deadline and individual interviews (in person or by telephone) will be set up at that time.
Students should familiarise themselves with the course options that are offered through the department. Please note that all options will not be offered in every year.
Once students have been offered a place in the department, they are then eligible for funding.
Departmental Bursaries Available:
- For overseas History of Art MA applicants the department has several part-fee scholarships. For these bursaries please see the following Overseas Application Form. The deadline for the bursaries is 31 January 2014.
- The Frances Stracey Awards 2014-15 for History of Art MA applicants from the UK/EU. There are two full-fee bursaries and several part-fee bursaries. Please complete and return the following application form: Application Form
Students who wish to be considered for this award must submit the Frances Stracey Application form and their application to the MA programme by the first deadline, 13 January 2014 (midnight).
UCL Graduate School Scholarships:
- Some funding is available through the UCL Graduate School.
Other UCL Scholarships:
- Check out available Scholarship Funding at UCL.