Published: Apr 15, 2014 11:27:00 AM
Published: Apr 15, 2014 11:24:58 AM
Published: Apr 2, 2014 10:02:30 AM
Published: Mar 25, 2014 11:58:05 AM
Published: Mar 21, 2014 8:33:59 AM
Tomás Harris Visiting Professorship Lectures
The 2013-2014 lectures will be given by Michael Gaudio on Tuesday 20th May and Thursday 22nd May, 2014. Full details will be posted soon.
The 2012-2013 lectures were given by Rachel Haidu (University of Rochester) on Thursdays 9 and 16 May, 2013 at 6pm.
9 May 2013
|How to Teach a Sculptor: Artur Żmijewski, Grzegorz Kowalski, Oskar Hansen, Katarzyna Kobro||
Chadwick B05 Lecture Theatre, Chadwick Building, Gower Street
16 May 2013
|‘Black is a Color’: Steve McQueen, James Coleman, Black Audio Film Collective||Chadwick B05 Lecture Theatre, Chadwick Building, Gower Street|
Recent lectures in the series
- 2012-2013: Rachel Haidu (University of Rochester): "How to Teach a Sculptor: Artur Żmijewski, Grzegorz Kowalski, Oskar Hansen, Katarzyna Kobro", and "‘Black is a Color’: Steve McQueen, James Coleman, Black Audio Film Collective" Poster for the event
- 2011-2012: John David Rhodes (University of Sussex): "Narrative Cinema and Domestic Architecture: The Spectacle of Property", and "Hollywood, City of Bungalows" Poster for the event
- 2010-2011: Hanneke Grootenboer (University of Oxford): "An Overlooked Episode of Vision's History: Eighteenth-Century Eye Portraits", and "Treasuring the Gaze: Portraiture's Intimate Vision" Poster for the event
- 2009-10: Dr Richard Taws (McGill University, Montreal): "Time, Media and the French Revolution"
- 2008-09: Dr Claire Bishop (The Graduate Center, CUNY): "The Social Turn in Contemporary Art"
- 2007: Professor Michael Cole (University of Pennsylvania): "Urbanism as Exorcism at the End of the Renaissance"
- 2006: Professor David Joselit (Yale University): "Feedback: Art and Politics in the Television Era"
Page last modified on 14 jan 14 11:24