Tomás Harris Visiting Professorship Lectures
The 2012-2013 lectures will be given by Rachel Haidu (University of Rochester) on Thursdays 9 and 16 May, 2013 at 6pm.
There will be a reception in the History of Art Department after the lecture on 16 May.
9 May 2013
|How to Teach a Sculptor: Artur Żmijewski, Grzegorz Kowalski, Oskar Hansen, Katarzyna Kobro||
Chadwick B05 Lecture Theatre, Chadwick Building, Gower Street
16 May 2013
|‘Black is a Color’: Steve McQueen, James Coleman, Black Audio Film Collective||Chadwick B05 Lecture Theatre, Chadwick Building, Gower Street|
Recent lectures in the series
- 2011-2012: John David Rhodes (University of Sussex): "Narrative Cinema and Domestic Architecture: The Spectacle of Property", and "Hollywood, City of Bungalows" Poster for the event
- 2010-2011: Hanneke Grootenboer (University of Oxford): "An Overlooked Episode of Vision's History: Eighteenth-Century Eye Portraits", and "Treasuring the Gaze: Portraiture's Intimate Vision" Poster for the event
- 2009-10: Dr Richard Taws (McGill University, Montreal): "Time, Media and the French Revolution"
- 2008-09: Dr Claire Bishop (The Graduate Center, CUNY): "The Social Turn in Contemporary Art"
- 2007: Professor Michael Cole (University of Pennsylvania): "Urbanism as Exorcism at the End of the Renaissance"
- 2006: Professor David Joselit (Yale University): "Feedback: Art and Politics in the Television Era"
Page last modified on 08 may 13 12:07