History of Art
Tomás Harris Visiting Professorship Lectures
The 2014-2015 lectures will be given by André Dombrowski (Associate Professor at UPenn in Philadelphia) on Tuesday 2nd June and Thursday 4th June, 2015.
The lectures will be on the theme of Impressionism and the Industrialisation of Time.
Further details to be confirmed.
2 June 2015
|Temporalities of Impressionism I: Monet and the Wreckage of History||
4 June 2015
|Temporalities of Impressionism II: Painting at the Speed of Consciousness||
Recent lectures in the series
- 2012-2013: Rachel Haidu (University of Rochester): "How to Teach a Sculptor: Artur Żmijewski, Grzegorz Kowalski, Oskar Hansen, Katarzyna Kobro", and "‘Black is a Color’: Steve McQueen, James Coleman, Black Audio Film Collective" Poster for the event
- 2011-2012: John David Rhodes (University of Sussex): "Narrative Cinema and Domestic Architecture: The Spectacle of Property", and "Hollywood, City of Bungalows" Poster for the event
- 2010-2011: Hanneke Grootenboer (University of Oxford): "An Overlooked Episode of Vision's History: Eighteenth-Century Eye Portraits", and "Treasuring the Gaze: Portraiture's Intimate Vision" Poster for the event
- 2009-10: Dr Richard Taws (McGill University, Montreal): "Time, Media and the French Revolution"
- 2008-09: Dr Claire Bishop (The Graduate Center, CUNY): "The Social Turn in Contemporary Art"
- 2007: Professor Michael Cole (University of Pennsylvania): "Urbanism as Exorcism at the End of the Renaissance"
- 2006: Professor David Joselit (Yale University): "Feedback: Art and Politics in the Television Era"