Accessibility Research Group
- About us
- PhD Information
- Information In Different Languages
- Contact us
- Reference Lists for Grant Applications
Assessment of Transport Projects in Cusco, Peru
Nick Tyler & Juan Carlos Dextre (Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru)
Funding: The British Council
As part of the work being undertaken by our Social Inclusion project in Peru, we work with the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru to assess transport projects being developed by the municipal government of Cusco. These projects include public transport, traffic schemes and parking projects.
The objectives of the project are:
- Enhance independence of people requiring pre- and in-trip information about pedestrian and public transport journeys.
- Conclude pre-development research of the video map investigated in DIMPLE.
- Research information about pedestrian environments and how to incorporate this into the video map.
- Develop multi-terrain application (e.g. building sites) where visual cues can help
- "Industrialise" the DIMPLE software to make it easier for users and travel trainers to develop their own journeys using the software, both in-trip and pre-trip.
For contacts related to this project click here.
Page last modified on 19 jul 11 17:45