UCL Institute of Archaeology
31-34 Gordon Square
London WC1H 0PY
+44 (0)20 7679 1494
The course provides an introduction to basic photographic techniques and conventions in archaeology.
- introduction to basic photographic principles and theory
- 35 mm cameras and lenses and basic lighting
- photography of ceramics and bones including "moving light"
- close up photography and developing and printing
- computing in photography
- preparation for publication
- Code: ARCL2035
- Course unit value: 0.5
- Coordinator: Stuart Laidlaw and Mike Halliwell
- Handbook: open»
For registered students
- Moodle page:open»
- Reading list:
- Note: This course has a maximum enrolment of 24.
- Runs every year