Facilities and Staff
The Institute of Archaeology provides a stimulating environment for postgraduate study, with over 290 registered Masters students and 120 MPhil/PhD students and extensive facilities. Its outstanding archaeological library is complemented by University College London's main library, University of London Senate House and other specialist libraries.
In order to promote discussion and expose students to as wide a range of opinion and experience as possible, we also invite guest speakers from a number of international organisations.
- A list of the funding opportunities available for students taking taught Masters programmes is provided by the Student Funding Office.
- There are a limited number of small departmental bursaries of up to £1,000 each for graduate students, both UK/EU and Overseas fee paying students. The deadline to apply for these is 1st March. Click here to download an application form.
While you are here
After you leave
- students who have taken this degree in the last few years have gone on to work in policy areas and project areas for national and international organisations, such as English Heritage, the National Trust, ICOMOS and UNESCO. They have also worked in development control, consultancies (such as Atkins Global), and in museums, site interpretation and education. Many students have also gone on to further research in academic institutions around the world, such as Stanford, Athens and Leiden, or here at UCL.
Further Information and Application Forms
- Applications can be accepted from November and complete applications (with both references) must be submited by 1st March at the very latest. Please contact Lisa Daniel if you are applying after this date to see if places are still available.
- For further details, please email the Institute of Archaeology's Graduate Admissions Tutor.