- BA, A.I.F.A
- Senior Archaeologist, Archaeology South-East
- Acting Project Manager, Archaeology South-East
- Generally, Prehistoric Archaeology and how change is reflected in the archaeological record.
- The Iron Age of Surrey and Kent, particularly transition from unenclosed to enclosed occupation and the changing cultural landscape of the Late Iron Age to Roman-British period.
- Iron Age funary practices and their expression in the landscape.
- The ritualisation of domestic life in the Bronze Age and Iron Age and how the study of the depositional processes informs / disproves this.
- Project Management: fieldwork
- Fieldwork: Director of urban excavations
- Fieldwork: Director of extensive landscape excavations
- Post-Excavation: compiling large and complex reports / monographs
- Surveying: use of total station
- 2005-present - Acting Project Manager / Senior Archaeologist, Archaeology South-East
- 2002- 2005 - Field Officer, Archaeology South-East
- 1996-2001 - Archaeologist, Surrey County Archaeological Unit
- 1995-1996 - Supervisor, AC Archaeology
- 1993-1995 - Archaeological Assistant, AC Archaeology
- 1993 - BA – Archaeology, University of Southampton.
Membership of Learned Societies and Professional Recognition
- Associate Member, Institute of Field Archaeologists
- The Prehistoric Society
- Brisley Farm, Ashford, Kent
Excavation of a 7.5ha multi-period landscape ranging from the Late Bronze Age to post-medieval periods. The main emphasis being a Late Iron Age funary landscape centred around two inhumations with weapons. For Ward Homes
- Knightrider Street, Maidstone, Kent
Directed evaluation and subsequent excavation of a medieval and post-medieval urban site in the town centre.
- Hawk’s Hill House, Leatherhead, Surrey
Directed excavation of mid Iron Age site. For Millgate Homes.
- Dymchurch Road, New Romney
Directed excavation of Medieval ‘sea front’ site.
- King and Barnes, Horsham
Directed excavation of a medieval and post-medieval stratified urban site.
- Christchurch School, Ashford, Kent
Directed excavation of a late Bronze Age – Early Iron Age site.
- Land Northeast of Horley, Surrey
Directed extensive evaluation of 135 trial trenches
Plus approximately c.80 other evaluations, c.100 watching briefs and several desk-based assessments
- Stevenson, J in press. ‘Excavations at Long Grove Road Epsom, Surrey’, Surrey Archaeological Collections
- Stevenson, J in press. ‘Excavations at Knightrider Street, Maidstone, Kent’, Archaeologia Cantiana