- BA, M.I.F.A
- Senior Archaeologist, Archaeology South-East
- Health and Safety Representative, Archaeology South-East
- Medieval archaeology, especially with reference to the Medieval towns of Sussex
- Medieval castles of England and Wales
- Post-Medieval Military Sites
- Rescue archaeology and its techniques
- Direction of Archaeological Excavations
- Training Excavations and Outreach
- 2005-present - Senior Archaeologist, Archaeology South-East
- 2000-2005 - Senior Field Officer, Archaeology South-East
- 1995-2000 - Field Officer, South Eastern Archaeological Services/ Archaeology South-East
- 1994-1995 - Assistant Field Officer, South Eastern Archaeological Services
- 1990-1994 Assistant Archaeologist/Finds Assistant, South Eastern Archaeological Services - Sutton Hoo Research Trust, CADW
- 1992 – BA (Hons) Archaeology, University of York
Membership of Learned Societies and Professional Recognition
- Member of the Institute of Field Archaeologists
- Associate Tutor, University of Sussex, Centre for Continuing Education
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme Health & Safety Tested
- Ropetackle, Shoreham-by-Sea, W. Sussex:
excavation of large Medieval urban site for SEEDA/Berkeley Homes.
- Asda, Crawley, W. Sussex:
excavation of large Medieval site on behalf of Gleesons and Asda.
- Basingstoke Road, Spencers Wood, Berkshire:
excavation of multi-period site for Bovis Homes.
- Fordacres, Horsemere Green Road, Climping, W. Sussex:
excavation of Bronze Age site for Waterford Properties Ltd.
- Maidstone Hospital, Kent:
excavation of Iron Age and Romano-British site on behalf of Just Learning Ltd.
- Bersted Street, Bognor Regis, W. Sussex:
Excavation of Mid-Saxon, Saxo-Norman and Medieval site on behalf of Crayfern Homes.
- High Street/South Street, Seaford, E. Sussex:
Excavation of Medieval urban site on behalf of D. F. Tourle Ltd
- Cinque Ports Street, Rye, E. Sussex:
Excavation of Medieval and Post-Medieval urban site on behalf of Turner Associates.
- Eastanton Manor Farm, Andover, Hampshire:
Field-walking and evaluation of area of proposed large-scale development for CPM/George Wimpey UK Ltd.
- Stevens, S. 2004. Excavations at 1-3 High Street, Seaford, East Sussex, SAC 142, 79-92.
- Stevens, S. 1999. ‘A Section through the Moat Bank at Bodiam Castle’, SAC 137,182-3.
- Stevens, S. 1999. ‘Archaeological work at the site of the Millennium Seed Bank, Wakehurst Place, Ardingly, West Sussex,’ SAC 137, 183-7.
- Dyson S., Stevens, S, and Shand G. 1999. ‘Causewayed Enclosures’, Current Archaeology 168, 470-2.
- Barber, L., Stevens, S., and Sibun L. 1999. ‘Late Iron Age Pottery: Dartford’, Archaeologia Cantiana 109, 381.