- Iron age and Roman archaeology and numismatics particularly in Romania and Eastern Europe.
- Nationalism, ethnicity and cultural identity
- Statistics, computing and publication
Research Directory Records
- 1976-1983 The Howard School, Welwyn Garden City.
- 1984-1987 St Aidan's College, University of Durham BA (Hons) Archaeology.
- 1988-1989 University of Southampton MSc (Archaeological Science, archaeological computing)
- 1990-1996 Institute of Archaeology, University College London PhD: "Multivariate Money. A statistical analysis of Roman Republican coin hoards with special reference to material from Romania" [online]
- Lockyear, K. (2008) Aspects of Roman Republican coins found in Late Iron Age Dacia. In: V. Spinei and L. Munteanu (eds) Miscellanea numismatica Antiquitatis. In honorem septagenarii magistri Virgilii Mihailescu-Bîrliba oblata, pp. 147-176. Editura Academiei Romane, Bucharest, Romania, Honoraria (4). (Available online)
- Lockyear, K. (2007). 'Where do we go from here? Recording and analysing Roman coins from archaeological excavations.' Britannia 38: 211-224.
- Lockyear, K. (2007) Patterns and Process in Late Roman Republican Coin Hoards, 157-2 BC. Oxford: British Archaeological Reports, International Series 1733.
- Lockyear, K., T. Sly and A. Popescu with contributions
from Mihaela Ciausescu, Clive Orton, Jane Sidell and Robin Symonds
(2006-2007). 'The Noviodunum Archaeological Project 2000-2004: results
and conclusions from the pilot seasons.' Peuce, New Series, 3-4, pp. 121-158. (Available online)
- Lockyear,K. (2006). Review of Architecture in Roman Britain by Guy de la Bedoyere. American Journal of Archaeology 110, 524-525
- Lockyear,K. (2006). Review of The Archaeology of Roman Towns: Studies in Honor of John S. Wacher edited by Pete Wilson. American Journal of Archaeology Online Book Reviews 110(3), 1-2
- Lockyear,K. (2005). Review of Romano-British Coin Hoards by Richard Abdy. American Journal of Archaeology 109, 328-329
- Lockyear, K. (2004) The Late Iron Age background to Roman
Dacia. In Hanson, W.S. and Haynes, I.P. (eds), Roman Dacia. The Making
of a Provincial Society. Journal of Roman Archaeology. Supplementary Series No. 56, pp. 33-74. Portsmouth, Rhode Island.
- Lockyear, K. (2003) At the edge of empires: the Noviodunum project, Romania. Archaeology International , 21-24.
- Lockyear, K, (2000). Site Finds in Roman Britain: a comparison of techniques, Oxford Journal of Archaeology 19(4), 397-423 (with a Postscript by Richard Reece)
- Davies, W, Graham-Campbell, J, Handley, M, Kershaw, P, Koch, J T, le Duc, G & Lockyear, K, (2000) The Inscriptions of Early Medieval Brittany. Celtic Studies Publications: Oakville, Connecticut and Aberystwyth
- Lockyear, K, (2000). Experiments with Detrended
Correspondence Analysis, in K Lockyear, T J T Sly & V
- Lockyear, K, Sly, T J T & Mihailescu-Birliba, V (eds). (2000. Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology 1996. British Archaeological Reports International Series 845
- Lockyear, K, (1999). Hoard Structure and Coin Production in Antiquity --- an Empirical Investigation, The Numismatic Chronicle 159, 215-243
- Lockyear, K, (1999). Coins, copies and kernals - a note on
the potential of Kernal Density Estimates, in L Dingwall, S Exon, V
Gaffney, S Laflin & M. van Leusen (eds). Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology 1997, British Archaeological Reports International Series 750, 85-90
- Lockyear, K, (1997). The supply of Roman Republican denarii to Romania, Studii si Cercetari de Numismatica, 11, 85-102
- Lockyear, K, (1996). Dmax based cluster analysis and the supply of coinage to Iron Age Dacia, in H Kamermans & F Kelly (eds). Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology 1995. Analecta Praehistorica Leidensia 28(1), 165-178
- Lockyear, K, (1996). Computer-aided publication in practice', in H Kamermans & F Kelly (eds). Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology 1995. Analecta Praehistorica Leidensia 28(2), 531--543
- Lockyear, K, (1995). Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology 1993, in J Wilcock & K Lockyear (eds). British Archaeological Reports International Series 598
- Green, F J & Lockyear, K, (1994). Seeds, sherds, and
samples: site formation processes at the Waitrose site, Romsey, in R
Luff & P Rowley-Conwy. Whither Environmental Archaeology? 91-104. Oxbow Monographs 38
- Lockyear, K, (1993. Coin hoard formation revisted..., in J Andresen, T Madsen & I Scollar (eds). Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology 1992, 367-376. Aarhus
- Green, F J & Lockyear, K, (1992). 'Plant remains from buried soils, Romsey, Hampshire, Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology 73(1-4), 57-70
- Deacon, M G & Lockyear, K, (1991). The fourth century coin hoard from Tingrith, Bedfordshire Archaeology, 19, 106-7
- Lockyear, K, (1991). Simulating coin hoard formation, in K Lockyear & S P Q Rahtz (eds), Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology 1990,195-206. British Archaeological Reports International Series 565
- Lockyear, K & Rahtz, S P Q (eds), (1991). Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology 1990. British Archaeological Reports International Series 565
- Phillipa Walton An applied numismatic analysis of the PAS Roman coin data (second supervisors Sally Worrell and Sam Moorhead)
- Ruth Fillery Travis A diachronic analysis of Romano-British iron production in the Exmoor region (joint supervision with Joe Flatman; principal supervisor Marcos Martinón-Torres)
- Charlene Murphy Pompeii, A changing city: The archaeobotanical analysis of Regio VI Insula I, Pompeii Italy (principal supervisor Dorian Fuller)
- Effrosyni Nomikou A museological approach to numismatic exhibitions. The case study of the Ashmolean Museum (joint principal supervisors Theano Moussouri and Sally MacDonald)
- Reuben Thorpe Urban formation and transformation: Perspectives on social and stratigraphic complexity from Roman urban centres (principal supervisor Tim Williams)