David G. Jeffreys
- BA, PhD
- Senior Lecturer in Egyptian Archaeology
- Course Co-ordinator: ARCL2012 Archaeology of Ancient Egypt
- Landscape archaeology
- Natural and man-made environments of the Nile valley and delta
- Archaeological survey of Memphis, Egypt
Research Directory Records
- Egypt Exploration Society
- Higher Council of Antiquities, Egypt
- McDonald Institute Cambridge
- Griffith Institute, Oxford
- University of Wales Cardiff
- BA Hebrew and Egyptian UCL 1975
- PhD London 1999
- Jeffreys,D.G. (2006), Survey of Memphis. Excavations at Kom Rabia (site RAT): New Kingdom levels. London: Egypt Exploration Society.
- Jeffreys,D.G., Aston,D. (2006), Survey of Memphis. Excavations at Kom Rabia (site RAT): Third Intermediate Period Levels and Pottery. London: Egypt Exploration Society.
- Jeffreys, D G, (2003). (Editor) Views of Egypt since Napoleon Bonaparte: colonialism, imperialism, and modern appropriations. (Volume 6 of series ‘Encounters with ancient Egypt’, series editor P J Ucko)
- Jeffreys, D G, (2003). Introduction - two hundred years of ancient Egypt: modern history and ancient archaeology. In: D Jeffreys (ed), Views of Egypt since Napoleon Bonaparte: colonialism, imperialism, and modern appropriations (London 2003): 1–18.
- Jeffreys, D G, 2003). All in the family? Heirlooms in ancient Egypt. In J. Tait (ed), ‘Never had the like occurred’: Egypt’s view of its past (London 2003): 197–211.
- Interim reports on Memphis annually in Fieldwork section of: Journal of Egyptian Archaeology
- Jeffreys, D G, (2000). Joseph Hekekyan at Heliopolis, in A Leahy & J Tait (eds), Studies in honour of H S Smith. London
- Jeffreys, D G & Tait, J, (2000). Disability, madness, and social exclusion in dynastic Egypt, in J Hubert (ed), Madness, disability and social exclusion, 87-95. London and New York
- Jeffreys, D G, (1998). The topography of Heliopolis and Memphis: some cognitive aspects, in H Guksch & D Polz (eds), Stationen: Beitrage zur Kulturgeschichte Agyptens. Rainer Stadelmann Gewimdet, 63-71. Mainz
- Jeffreys, D G & Tavares, A, (1994). The historic landscape of Early Dynastic Memphis. Mitteilungen des Deutschen Archaologischen Instituts Abteilung Kairo, 50, 143-73
- Massimiliano Pinarello Deconstruction of the Ancient Egyptian scribe: A corpus of writing equipment (second supervisor Stephen Quirke)
- Tessa Dickinson Egyptian Royal tombs in the Early Third Millenium BC (joint supervision with Andrew Bevan)
- Katherine Hoare Understanding Egyptianizing Architecture (joint supervision with Jeremy Tanner)