Institute of Archaeology
- News and Events
- Academic and Research
- Professional Support
- Centre for Applied Archaeology
- Adrian Arroyo
- Justine Bayley
- Sarah Brown
- Anna Clement
- James Doeser
- Stuart Eve
- John Giblin
- Margarita Gleba
- Peter Gould
- Cecilie Gravesen
- Mozahim Hussein
- Jackie Keily
- Tim Kerig
- Gianluca Miniaci
- Courtney Nimura
- Juanita Saenz Samper
- Caroline Sandes
- Christopher Scull
- Bradley Sekedat
- Anne Teather
- Lucy Trench
- Eliott Wragg
- Research students
- Affiliate academics
- MA, Managing Archaeological Sites
- Honorary Lecturer, UCL Institute of Archaeology
- Course Co-ordinator: ARCLG233 Applied Heritage Management
- Member of the International Committee on Archaeological Heritage Management (ICAHM)
- Accredited Archaeological Conservator, UK Institute for Conservation (ICON)
- Fellow of the Royal Asiatic Society (RAS)
- Consultation and participatory planning in heritage/site management.
- Capacity building in site management planning, conservation, interpretation and World Heritage policy.
- Objects recording and conservation.
- Site recording and conservation.
- Conservation Area policy, appraisal and management, England.
- Archaeology and heritage management, Turkey, Iraq and the Arabian Gulf.
- Ethical standards in archaeology and heritage management.
- Illicit antiquities: looting, effects on cultural heritage.
- Hadrian’s Wall Heritage Ltd: editing the Hadrian’s Wall Management Plan
- Sunderland and South Tyneside City Councils: upgrading the Nomination Document and Management Plan for Wearmouth and Jarrow World Heritage Candidate Site
- DCMS: report on national responses to DCMS consultation “A Future for World Heritage”
- The Ancient Merv Project, UCL: coordination of the WHS Management Plan, Ancient Merv, Turkmenistan
- EU/Council of Europe: Support to Cultural Diversity Project (PCDK), Kosovo
- 2004 - 2006 MA Managing Archaeological Sites, University College London.
- 1984 Certificate of Archaeological Conservation, Museums Association, London.
- 1978 BA Greek, Roman and Chinese Civilisation, Durham University, UK.
- 2008-present: Project Manager and Principal Consultant, Heritage Management, Centre for Applied Archaeology, UCL
- 2008-9: Teaching Assistant, Managing Archaeological Sites, Institute of Archaeology UCL
- 2007: Management planning for Ancient Merv World Heritage Site.
- 2004-2006: MA Managing Archaeological Sites, Institute of Archaeology, UCL.
- 1993-2003: UNESCO Consultant in archaeological conservation and collections management, Museum of Islamic Art, Kuwait, and UNROP (Return of Property) team member representing Kuwait National Museum, in Baghdad.
- 1986-2003: Field and museum conservation projects in Bahrain, the UAE, Iraq, Oman, Qatar, Turkey, Kuwait and Hong Kong.
- 1986-1988: Conservator, British Institute of Archaeology at Ankara (BIAA), Turkey
- 1978-1986 Archaeological Conservator, The British Museum.