- BE, ME (Metallurgy), PhD
- Newton International Fellow 2010-12
- Archaeological materials and technologies, especially in early glass, glaze and vitreous materials found in northwest areas of China.
- Newton International Fellowship research project: 'Early Glass and Pigments from Majiayuan Cemetery, Gansu, China'
- 2008 & 2007 University of Science and Technology, Beijing Merit Graduate Student Award
- 2007 & 2006 Marie Curie Fellowship for Early Stage Researchers Training 'Science, Conservation and Archaeology', UCL Institute of Archaeology
- 1994 BE (Metallurgy), University of Science and Technology, Beijing, China
- 1997 ME (Metallurgy), University of Science and Technology, Beijing, China
- 2009 PhD Institute of Historical Metallurgy and Materials, University of Science and Technology, Beijing, China. Thesis title: 'Chemical Analysis of some Niya Glasses'
- 2009 Yixian LIN, Hui WANG, Xiaolin CHENG Foreign or Indigenous? A Preliminary Examination of a Warring States Vessel with So-Called ‘Glass Paste’ Decoration of Majiayuan Cemetery. Archaeology and Cultural Relics: TBD.
- 2009 Yixian LIN A Bactrian Rhyton in Niya Site? Contribution of Chemical Analysis. Cultural Relics: TBD.
- 2009 Yixian LIN, Wei QIAN, Tienan ZHANG, Jianfeng CUI Glass on the Silk Road - A Study of Finds in Niya Oasis. The Western Regions Studies: TBD.
- 2007 Yixian LIN, Wei QIAN, Tienan ZHANG, Jianfeng CUI A Preliminary Study on Niya Glass Artefacts. In. Niya Site: Archaeological Studies Number 3, Research Report into an Ancient Town in Xinjiang, China. Tokyo, Japan: the Japanese-Chinese Joint Research of the Niya Site. pp. 101-145.
- Yixian LIN Chemical Analysis of Some Niya Glasses. Paper presented at the conference ‘Glass along the Silk Road 200 BC - 1000 AD’, Mainz, Germany. Dec. 8-14, 2008.
- Yixian LIN, Wei QIAN How Technical is Your Small Glass Sample? Paper presented at the Fourth International Conference of the Society for East Asian Archaeology, Beijing, China. June 3-5, 2008.