- BA, B.Litt., PhD, FBA, FSA
- Emeritus Professor of Human Environment
- The ecology and evolution of agricultural and other subsistence systems.
- Plant and animal domestication.
- Origins and spread of agriculture.
The Turkmenistan project. The beginnings of agriculture and sedentary settlement in western Central Asia.
- BA, BLitt: Oxford University:
- PhD: University of California at Berkeley
- Reader in Geography: University College London
- Harris, D R, 2010. Origins of Agriculture in Western Central Asia: an Environmental−Archaeological Study. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press.
- Harris, D R, (ed), 1996. The Origins and Spread of Agriculture and Pastoralism in Eurasia, London: UCL Press and Washington DC: Smithsonian Institute Press.
- Harris, D R, 1996. Domesticatory relationships of people, plants and animals, in R Ellen and K Fukiu (eds), Redefining nature: Ecology, Culture and Domestication. Oxford and Washington DC: Berg.
- Harris, D R, 1995. Early agriculture in New Guinea and the Torres Strait divide, in J Allen and J F O'Connell (eds), Transitions, Pleistocene to Holocene in Australia and Papua New Guinea, 848-854. (Antiquity Special Number 265(69))
- Harris, D R, 1994. Pathways to world prehistory, Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society, 60, 1-13.
- Harris, D R (ed), 1994. The Archaeology of V. Gordon Childe: Contemporary Perspectives, London: UCL Press.