- BA, MA, PhD
- Honorary Research Associate
- British Academy Post-doctoral Fellow 2007-2010
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Anthropology and Archaeology, University of Pretoria (from May 2011)
- The Archaeology of eastern and southern Africa; particularly later prehistory
- Migrations and mobility in archaeology
- Ceramics and material culture
- School of Arts, Histories and Cultures, University of Manchester/Department of Archaeology, University of Ghana, Legon - The Archaeology of Ritual, Shrines and Sacrifice among the Tallensi of Northern Ghana
- 1999 BA Institute of Archaeology, UCL
- 1999-2000 Graduate Attachee, British Institute in Eastern Africa
- 2001 MA, Institute of Archaeology, UCL
- 2006 PhD Institute of Archaeology, UCL
- Reid,D.A.M., Ashley,C.Z. (2007). A context for the Luzira Head. Antiquity 82, 99-112. ISSN: 0003-598X
- Lane, P., Ashley, C.Z., Seitsonen, O., Harvey, P., Mire, S. & Odede, F. (2007) The Transition to Farming in Eastern Africa: New Faunal and Dating Evidence from Wadh Lang’o and Usenge, Kenya. Antiquity 81: 62-81
- Lane, P.J., Ashley, C. Z. & Oteyo, G. (2006) New Dates for Kansyore and Urewe Wares from Northern Nyanza, Kenya. Azania XXXXI: 123-138
- Ashley, C.Z. (2005) Review of Stahl (ed) African Archaeology: A critical introduction. African Archaeological Review. Vol. 22 (4): 231-235.
- Posnansky, M., Reid, A. & Ashley, C. (2005) Archaeology on Lolui Island, Uganda 1964-5. Azania XL: 73-100
- Ashley, C.Z. (2005) Mixing it Up at Africa Remix. Papers from the Institute of Archaeology 1/6: 143-145.
- Ashley, C.Z. (200)5 Africa 2005 Azania XL: 136-138.
- Sherri (Scheherazade) Amin Uncovering the nature of Pre-Colonial religion in the Sesse Islands and the impact of religion on the functioning of the Buganda Kingdom, Southern Uganda (principal supervisor Andrew Reid)