- Licentiate, MPhil, PhD
- Lecturer in Geoarchaeology
- British Academy Postdoctoral Research Fellow 2011-14
- Course Co-ordinator: ARCL1017 People and Environments
- Course Co-ordinator: ARCL2017 Geoarchaeology
- Course Co-ordinator: ARCLG104 Geoarchaeology: Methods and Concepts
- Section Editor (Environmental Archaeology), Encyclopedia of Global Archaeology (Springer)
- Geoarchaeology, especially soil micromorphology
- South American pre-Columbian history
- Historical Ecology and Landscape/Plant domestication
- Human Niche-Building
- Cultural Transmission
- Anthropogenic soils
- Amazonian Dark Earths in Western Amazonia? Research project supported by the British Academy, focused on the archaeology of the Napo River, in collaboration with Fernanda Ugalde (Pontifical Catholic University, Ecuador) and Santiago Rivas Panduro (Peruvian Culture Ministry, Loreto Division, Peru).
- Geoarchaeology of Nebelivka, Ukraine. Ongoing research line as part of AHRC-funded project led by Dr John Chapman (Durham University, UK).
- Geoarchaeology of Tierra del Fuego, Chile. Ongoing research line as part of FONDECYT-funded research project led by Flavia Morello (Universidad de Magallanes, Chile).
- Geoarchaeology of XXX, Borneo. Ongoing research line as part of NERC-funded project led by Dr Lindsay Lloyd-Smith (Sogang University, South Korea).
- Neotropical Historical Ecology workshop: supported by the British Academy and held at the UCL Institute of the Americas in June 2014. Participants currently working towards developing an edited volume based on the workshop.
- Lathrap Colloquium: the first meeting was held as day-long workshop in the 2014 SALSA Sesquiannual meeting, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Amazonia, a Landscape Provocation: Ongoing scholarly project to develop an account of the human history of Amazonia, the world’s largest rainforest.
- PhD Archaeology (University of Cambridge, 2008)
- MPhil Archaeological Science (University of Cambridge, 1999)
- Licentiate in Anthropology, specialising in Archaeology (Universidad de Chile, 1998)