- Licentiate, MPhil, PhD
- Lecturer in Geoarchaeology (2014- )
- British Academy Postdoctoral Research Fellow (2011-14)
- Course Co-ordinator (with José Oliver): ARCL3060 Ancient Societies of Amazonia
- Course Co-ordinator: ARCL2017 Geoarchaeology
- Course Co-ordinator: ARCLG104 Geoarchaeology: Methods and Concepts
- Course Co-ordinator: ARCLG530 Key Topics in the Archaeology of the Americas
- Course Co-ordinator (with Kevin MacDonald): ARCL1003 World Archaeology: the deep history of human societies / ARCL1018 World Archaeology: an outline of the deep history of human societies (for BAA&A students only) / ARCL1003A World Archaeology: evolutionary origins to the earliest states
- Section Editor (Environmental Archaeology), Encyclopedia of Global Archaeology (Springer)
- South American Archaeology: Amazonia, Patagonia
- Geoarchaeology, soil micromorphology
- Human Niche-Building, Historical Ecology, Landscape Modification, Anthropogenic soils
- Ethnoarchaeology, Cultural Transmission
Research Directory Records
- The Archaeology of the Napo River. British
Academy-funded research project, in collaboration with Fernanda Ugalde
(Pontifical Catholic University, Ecuador) and Santiago Rivas Panduro
(Peruvian Culture Ministry, Loreto Division, Peru).
- Geoarchaeological projects:
- Amazonian Dark Earths (Amazonia), ongoing comparative study.
- pre-Columbian Raised Fields (French Guiana), ongoing research, in collaboration with Stéphen Rostain (CNRS).
- Open air sites (Orinoco basin, Venezuela), ongoing, part of Leverhulme-funded project led by José Oliver (UCL IoA)
- Paleosols (Tierra del Fuego, Chile), part of FONDECYT-funded project led by Flavia Morello (Universidad de Magallanes).
- Cave deposits (Pali Aike region, Chile), ongoing, in collaboration with Manuel San Román (Universidad de Magallanes), Charles French (Cambridge University), Rob Scaife University of Southampton)
- Shell Middens (Magallanes, Chile), ongoing, in collaboration with Manuel San Román (Universidad de Magallanes) and Charles French (Cambridge University)
- Kelabit Highlands (Sarawak), ongoing research, as part of a NRF-funded project led by Lindsay Lloyd-Smith (Sogang University).
- Meleiha/Umm al-Ma (Qatar). Ongoing research as part of a QNRF(Qatar)-funded project led by José Carvajal López (UCL Qatar).
- Neolithic Shahrizor Plain (Iraqi Kurdistan). Ongoing research as part of a project led by David Wengrow (UCL IoA)
- Palaeolithic cave deposits (Istria, Croatia). Ongoing research in collaboration with Preston Miracle (Cambridge University)
- Trypillia-culture Nebelivka site (Ukraine), in collaboration with an AHRC(UK)-funded project led by John Chapman (Durham University).
- PhD Archaeology (University of Cambridge, 2008)
- MPhil Archaeological Science (University of Cambridge, 1999)
- Licentiate in Anthropology, specialising in Archaeology (Universidad de Chile, 1998)
- Oliver Boles Lasting impressions: enduring signatures of pastoralist settlement sites in eastern Africa and their implications for archaeology (principal supervisor Andrew Reid, joint second supervisor with Mark Altaweel)
- Lindsay Duncan The study of archaeological deposits to examine local soil formation at Marco Gonzalez, Ambergris Caye, Belize: investigating the potential for Life-Cycle Assessment in Archaeology (joint prinicipal supervisors Elizabeth Graham and Julia Stegemann)
- Gail Hammond Ancient Maya settlement and the Alacranes Bajo: landscape and communities in the Three Rivers Region (principal supervisor Elizabeth Graham)
- Natalia Lozada Mendieta Ancient pots, potters and communities of practice in the Atures Rapids, Middle Orinoco River, Venezuela (principal supervisor Jose Oliver)
- Bruna Rocha Regional archaeology of the Upper Tapajos River (principal supervisor Jose Oliver)