- BA, MRes, DEA, PhD
- Marie Curie Research Fellow
Late Bronze Age and Iron Age archaeology, mining and metallurgy, rituals of feasting and the history of archaeology
Atlantic Late Bronze Age Interaction through Metal Hoards (ALBIMEH)
The aim of this project is to examine the nature and the degree of interaction between the Late Bronze Age communities of the European Atlantic façade (c. 1300-850 BC) through the study of metal hoards. The similarities and differences expressed by the hoards in different spheres (economic, technological, ideological and religious) will be determined by undertaking an intensive and comparative study of the phenomenon in four selected geographical areas. Hoards constitute an excellent source of information for tracing technological and cultural similarities and differences over extensive geographical areas, given that they reflect deliberate acts of hiding, offering or depositing certain objects. While other facets of the archaeological record may be the result of chance or routine action, in the hoards there is an intentional and conscious dimension that is in keeping with specific, culturally important ideological schemes.
Other Research Projects
- 2010-2012: From the workshop to the body: metals as power expressions in the Late Bronze Age and the Iron Age of NW Iberia. PI: Dr Xosé-Lois Armada, CSIC. Project funded by the Xunta de Galicia.
- 2001-2012: The Calvari del Molar protohistoric settlement (Tarragonia, Spain) and the Molar-Bellmunt-Falset mining area. PI: Dr Núria Rafel (University of Lleida) and Dr Xosé-Lois Armada. Project funded by the Generalitat de Catalunya, Diputación de Tarragona and Ajuntament del Molá.
- 2010-2014: Social, technological and economic processes in the Priorat ores exploitation (Catalonia): a diachronic view. PI: Dr Núria Rafel, University of Lleida. Coordinated Project funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitivity (MINECO).
- 2007-2013: Research programme on technologies for the conservation and valorization of cultural heritage. PI: Prof Felipe Criado-Boado, CSIC. Project funded by the Consolider – Ingenio 2010 Programme.
- 2007-2010: The Molar-Bellmunt-Falset mining area in protohistory: corroboration of hypothesis. PI: Dr Núria Rafel, University of Lleida. Coordinated Project funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Education (MEC).
- 2006-2009: The iconography of kingship and cultural identity in the East of the Hellenistic World. PI: Prof Víctor Alonso, University of A Coruña. Project funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Education (MEC).
- 2005: PhD in Archaeology (Doctor). University of A Coruña. Sobresaliente cum laude and Extraordinary Degree Prize.
- 2001: DEA - Advanced Studies Diploma (Diploma de Estudios Avanzados) in Ancient History. University of A Coruña.
- 2000: MRes (Tesis de Licenciatura) in Archaeology. University of A Coruña. Distinction (Sobresaliente por unanimidad).
- 2000: PGCE – Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Certificado de Aptitud Pedagógica). Complutense University of Madrid.
- 1999: BA (Licenciado). University of A Coruña. Extraordinary Degree Prize.
Research Publications - new version