- BA, MS, PhD
- Reader in Near East Archaeology
- Degree Programme Co-ordinator: BSc in Archaeology
- Course Co-ordinator: ARCL1009 Introduction to Egyptian and Near Eastern Archaeology
- Course Co-ordinator: ARCL1014 Introduction to Archaeology
- Course Co-ordinator: ARCL2034 Archaeology of the Middle East 2000-300BC
- Course Co-ordinator: ARCL3051 The Archaeology of Mesopotamia
- Course Co-ordinator: ARCLG270 Near Eastern Material Cultures II: Middle Bronze Age through the Iron Age
- Associate Editor: Social Science Computer Review, Iraq (editorial board)
- Agent-based modelling
- GIS and land use
- Complex adaptive systems
- Computational Social Science
- Mesopotamian history and archaeology
Research Directory Records
- Documentation of Iraqi Archaeological Sites
- Restructuring the social and social-ecological sciences in the 21st century
- Salinisation in Mesopotamia
- Shahrizor Research Project
- SHULGI: A Geospatial Tool for Modelling Human Movement and Interaction
- Social Perceptions, Water Use and Climate Change
Research Projects and Fieldwork
- 2011: Archaeological project conducted in Kurdistan, Iraq (near Sulaymaniyah). Work focuses on studying anthropogenic landscape change in the past using soil analysis, remote sensing, and archaeological survey. Work conducted with the University of Heidelberg.
- 2008-2010: Co-PI on archaeological documentation projected sponsored by the United States State Department with data collected focusing on ancient Mesopotamian sites in southern and northern Iraq. Work included training Iraqis on the use of archaeological survey methods and GPS. Project was conducted near Istanbul, Turkey and Amman, Jordan.
- 2006-2008: Co-PI on archaeological documentation projected sponsored by the National Endowment for the Humanities with data collected focusing on ancient Mesopotamian sites in southern and northern Iraq. Work included training Iraqis on the use of archaeological survey methods and GPS on archaeological sites in Jordan. Project work was conducted in Homs, Syria and Amman, Jordan.
- 2004-5: PI on archaeological data collection project for sites in northern Mesopotamia with data focused on surveys and excavations conducted in the 1980s and 1990s. Project included training Iraqis on the useof GPS and other survey techniques on sites in Jordan. Project conducted in and near Amman, Jordan.
- 2003: Archaeological site damage assessment survey in Iraq sponsored by National Geographic Society (see October 2003 issue of National Geographic). Conducted near Baghdad, Mosul, and Samarra, Iraq.
- PhD (University of Chicago, 2004)
- MS (University of Chicago, 2000)
- BA (University of Illinois, 1997)