|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1789 Gough, R.|
|History:||Westwood/1876, 160: `In Gough's Camden, iii. p. 172, tab. V. fig. 7, and in Pennant's Supplemental Tables, tab. V. fig. 2, a stone is described and figured standing in the churchyard of Towyn'.|
Macalister/1949, 169: `Gough describes and figures a stone which in the eighteenth century stood in the churchyard of Towyn'.
Nash-Williams/1950, 172: `Recorded in the late 18th century. Now lost'.
|Dimensions:||0.0 x 0.0 x 0.0 (Unknown)|
|Setting:||Lost (present 1799, missing 1876)|
|Location:||Recorded in Gough's Camden (1789) but lost by the time of Westwood.|
Nash-Williams/1950, 172: `Rough pillar-stone'.
|Condition:||n/a , n/a|
|Decorations:||no other decoration|
|Westwood, J.O. (1876):||PASCENT|
Westwood/1876 160 reading only
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1949):||PASCENT|
Macalister/1949 169 reading only
|Nash-Williams, V.E. (1950):||PASCENT[--|
(The stone) of Pascentius (PN).
Nash-Williams/1950 172 concise discussion
|Position:||ind ; ind ; ind ; ind|
Nash-Williams/1950, 172: `Latin inscription (? incomplete) in one line reading vertically upwards (?)'.
|Date:||400 - 533 (Nash-Williams/1950)|
600 - 699 (Westwood/1876)
Westwood/1876, 160: `The inscription may in fact be as early as the seventh century'.
|Language:||name only (rcaps)|
|Palaeography:||Westwood/1876, 160: `a stone...on which is described in debased Roman capitals the name of PASCENT, the second letter A having the cross-bar angulated and the E reversed'.|
Macalister/1949, 169: `Roman capitals...(the E inverted)'.
Nash-Williams/1950, 172: `Roman capitals. The A had an angular cross-bar; the E was reversed'.
Macalister/1949, 169: `The name occurs in the genealogy of Cingen son of Catell in the Harleian Genealogies (Y Cymmrodor ix 181)'.
Nash-Williams/1950, 172: `Pascentius was a fairly common Christian-Roman name.
 Cf. ILCV, [Diehl/1927--31] nos. 1269 (Rome c. A.D. 400), 1968 C, 2117 (Africa), 3109 A (Italy). See also No. 182 (l. 21)'.