|Corpus Refs:||Okasha/Forsyth/2001:Toureen Peacaun 12|
|Discovery:||first mentioned, 2001 Okasha, E. and Forsyth, K.|
|History:||Okasha/Forsyth/2001, 247: `This stone is not mentioned in any work on the stones. It is likely to have been found in 1944 and built into the east wall when the other stones were built in between September and December 1944. In a photograph dating from the 1960s, preserved in the Dúchas archive (negative no. 79), the stone is shown built into the east interior wall of the church but in a different place in the wall from where it now is. The stone presumably became loose before 1986-87 and was then rebuilt into the wall in its present position'.|
|Geology:||Okasha/Forsyth/2001, 322: `sandstone'.|
|Dimensions:||0.09 x 0.13 x 0.02 (Okasha/Forsyth/2001)|
Okasha/Forsyth/2001, 247: `The stone is built upside down into the interior east wall of the ruined church'.
Okasha/Forsyth/2001, 247: `The stone is a fragment of a slab of unknown form'.
|Condition:||frgmntry , poor|
Okasha/Forsyth/2001, 247: `a fragment'.
Okasha/Forsyth/2001, 247: `The visible face cntains a fragment of an outline cross, the corner of a top or right cross-arm'.
|Okasha and Forsyth (1996):||[--]N[--]|
Okasha/Forsyth/2001 247 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; n/a ; undecorated|
|Palaeography:||Okasha/Forsyth/2001, 247: `The text is in capital script'.|
CISP: One letter survives. It is a capitalis N with wedge-shaped finials atop both ascenders. The cross bar goes from about one third of the way up the left ascender down to the bottom of the right ascender.
Okasha/Forsyth/2001, 247: `slightly deteriorated'.