|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1873 Graves, J.|
|History:||Petrie/1878, 50: `Drawn by M[argaret] S[tokes] from a rubbing made at Tisaran by the Rev. James Graves, in 1873'.|
|Dimensions:||0.71 x 0.33 x 0.175 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
Macalister/1949, 78: `The stone, which was lying neglected in the old cemetery in this parish, has now been transferred for safety to the modern church'.
OBrien/Sweetman/1997, 108: `Now located within the RC church at Highstreet near Belmont'.
|Condition:||frgmntry , poor|
Macalister/1949, 78: `In the oval sinkings in the contours of the cross there appears to have been originally extremely fine patterns of interlacement, in minuteness recalling manuscript work. They are, however, much too weathered to be restored with any approach to certainty'.
|Crosses:||1: latin; outline; expanded; n/a; curved; none; inner curv; other; plain|
Macalister/1949,78: `a wheel cross with a circle added to the lower terminal.' However, Plate XLII shows this cross with what is clearly an oval base.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1949):||O~R~ || DO || BRAN|
OROIT DO BRAN
Macalister/1949 78, Plate XLII concise discussion
|Position:||inc ; broad ; inc ; inc|
Macalister/1949, 78: `Inscription on top and sinister side'.
|Palaeography:||CISP: The lettering is half-uncial. The A has a squarish bow with a short stroke to the right from the bottom right corner. The Rs are half-uncial and angular. The B has a vertical ascender and possibly an open bow. The D has an ascender which curves to the left over an open bow. The N is minuscule and flat-toppped.|