|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1856 Graves, J.|
|History:||Macalister/1949, 32--33: `Found under the floor of the Parish Church, and now built into the south side of the church tower, inner surface'.|
|Geology:||Macalister/1949, 33: `limestone'.|
|Dimensions:||0.22 x 0.7 x 0.0 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
Macalister/1949, 32--33: `A block of limestone'.
|Condition:||inc , inc|
In the illustration of Macalister/1949, Plate VIII, the initial textual cross covers the beginning of the first two lines of text.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1949):||+OROITDOULTANETDOD | UBTHACHDORIGNIINCAISSEL|
+OROIT DO ULTAN ET DO DUBTHACH DO RIGNI IN CAISSEL
A prayer for Ultan and for Dubthach who made this fortification.
Macalister/1949 32--33 concise discussion
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; inc ; ind|
|Palaeography:||CISP: The lettering is Insular half-uncial. The A's are in the 'OC' form, the Ts are curved and the Hs are minuscule. The Ds all have ascenders which bend to the left over the bow, but in only one case is the bow open. The B also has a curved ascender and an open bow. The Ss are majuscule and the E is in the closed minuscule form.|
Macalister/1949, 33: `in good condition'.