|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1698 Lhuyd, E.|
|History:||RCAHMW/1925, 319: `Covering one of the graves...may have been a stone of which a sketch was made by or furnished to Edward Lhuyd about the year 1698...It is probably only a fragment, and may still exist in one of the neighbouring walls'.|
Edwards/forthcoming: `Recorded c. 1700 by Edward Lhuyd as located on the sea shore near St. Bride's Church (B.L. Stowe MS 1023, fo. 23)'.
|Dimensions:||0.0 x 0.0 x 0.0 (Unknown)|
|Setting:||Lost (present 1700, missing 1700)|
|Location:||The only known record is a manuscript by Lhwyd.|
Edwards/forthcoming: `An upright pillar'.
|Condition:||n/a , n/a|
|Decorations:||no other decoration|
|Lhwyd, E. (1698):||AVVOAS|
Edwards/forthcoming n/a reading only
|Position:||ind ; ind ; ind ; ind|
Edwards/forthcoming: `A one-line inscription in Roman capitals reading vertically downwards'.
|Date:||1550 - 1599 (RCAHMW/1925)|
450 - 650 (Edwards/forthcoming)
|Language:||name only (rcaps)|
|Palaeography:||RCAHMW/1925, 319: `The lettering, though rude, is not that of the pre-Norman inscriptions, and may not be much earlier than the latter half of the 16th century'.|
Edwards/forthcoming: `Roman capitals...The A appears to have seriphs [sic.]. The letters of the inscription as recorded do not make sense, especially the existence of the W -- could it be VV? However, in view of the location and the appearance of the sketch, an early medieval Latin-inscribed stone is the most likely identification and the inscription may have been a personal name. The seriphs [sic] on the A may be compared with Aberdaron 1 and 2'.