|Discovery:||in/on structure, 1872 Brash, R.R.|
|History:||Macalister/1945, 116, 118: `found in 1872, used as building material in the construction of an underground chamber in this townland...the stone was taken out by the farmer, who made a gatepost of it -- drilling a hole through the top for this purpose. Covered with whitewash in this service it was discovered by Brash, who brought it to notice'.|
|Dimensions:||2.21 x 0.43 x 0.3 (converted from Macalister/1945)|
|Location:||National Museum, Ireland|
Macalister/1945, 116: `purchased by the Royal Irish Academy, and now in their collection in Dublin'.
Macalister/1945, 116: `originally a bronze-age megalith'.
|Condition:||incomplete , poor|
Macalister/1945, 116, describes the splitting off of the top of one of the faces of the stone.
Macalister/1945, 116, writes of a `simplified version of the chi-rho symbol' being cut on one of the faces.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1945):||--][M][--][M][--|
Macalister/1945 116--117 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; arris ; n/a ; undecorated|
Macalister/1945, 116: `nothing was left but the upper tips of the two M's'.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1945):||TENRENMONOIGDUQDEGGEV|
VEQREQ MOQOI GLUNLEGGET
Macalister/1945 117--118 reading only
McManus/1991 52 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; arris ; n/a ; undivided|
|Date:||550 - 700 (Ziegler/1994)|
|Ling. Notes:||See McManus/1991, 96, 100, 104, 116, 120, 121.|
|Palaeography:||Macalister/1945, 117--118, shows that the B and H letters have been inverted.|