|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1728 Dwyran, J.|
|History:||The stone has not been seen since 1728, when it was at Chwaen Wen House. British Library ADD MS 14934, Fol. 216, is the record of this and this gives the name of two readers of the inscription as John Owen Dwyran and William Jones Slater. Also see Westwood/1879, 192.|
|Dimensions:||0.0 x 0.0 x 0.0 (Unknown)|
|Setting:||Lost (present 1728, missing 1876)|
|Location:||Rough sketch by John Owen Dwyran reproduced by Huebner/1876, 53 and Westwood/1879, Plate 86, Fig. 5.|
The stone was last seen at Chwaen Wen House in 1728.
|Condition:||incomplete , n/a|
|Decorations:||no other decoration|
|Slater, W.J. (1728):||OBARRUS | CONBURRI | ICIACIT|
OBARRUS | CONBURRI | [H]IC IACIT
Slater/1728 Fol. 216 reading only
|Nash-Williams, V.E. (1950):||[C]O[N]BARRVS | CO[N]BURRI |-] ICIACIT|
CONBARRUS CONBURRI [H]IC IACIT
Conbarrus (?son) (PN) of Conburrus (PN), lies here.
Nash-Williams/1950 65 concise discussion
|Position:||n/a ; n/a ; n/a ; inc|
The drawing (Westwood/1879, Plate 86, Fig. 5) gives no indication of the placement of the inscription upon the stone.
|Date:||500 - 599 (Nash-Williams/1950)|
|Palaeography:||The drawing (Westwood/1879, Plate 86, Fig. 5) gives all the letters that can be made out in capitals. The second `U' is drawn with a rounded bottom, while the first is V-shaped. The drawing also placed points before and after BN, as well as what look like apostrophes after PP and CO.|
The Ed at the end of the drawing is taken to be a modern addition by Huebner/1876, 53, Westwood/1879, 192, and Macalister/1945, 311.
Westwood/1879, Plate 86, Fig. 5, shows that the letters, as drawn, are clear for the first two lines, but not for the third.
Davies/1979, 158 states that the form of the name in LL is Conuur where it is a variant for the eighth-century lay person Conuor.