|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1700 Lhuyd, E.|
|History:||RCAHMW/1973, 39: `sketched by Lhuyd `near the milldam at Lhan Rhidian Westward', a site that is still visible W. of the parish church'.|
 Stowe MS. 1024, fo. 9. Another inscribed stone recorded as at the same site (fo. 61) would seem to have been a medieval grave-slab reading `Maledictus sit qui...', but is not identifiable with one discovered there in 1885 and stated to be in Norman-French (Arch. Camb., 1886, p. 335)'.
|Dimensions:||0.0 x 0.0 x 0.0 (Unknown)|
|Setting:||Lost (present 1700, missing 1973)|
|Location:||RCAHMW/1973, 39, states that it was recorded by Lhuyd, and has not been seen since.|
RCAHMW/1973, 39: `An inscribed pillar-stone'.
|Condition:||n/a , n/a|
|Decorations:||no other decoration|
RCAHMW/1976 39 reading only
|Position:||ind ; ind ; n/a ; undecorated|
RCAHMW/1973, 39: `The inscription as recorded (Fig. 10), apparently in one line down the face'.
|Palaeography:||RCAHMW/1973, 39: `[It] is difficult to interpret even though most of the letters are Roman capitals. The letters after an initial M may represent an unbarred A with half-uncial G, suggesting a Magli- form of name, but such a reading is quite uncertain. There is also a B with separated loops as occurs on the Clwydi Banwen stone (No. 841), dated to the early 6th century'.|