|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1640 de Kergroades|
|History:||Davies et al./1999, the stone was recroded by Baron de Kergroades in 1640, but has not been seen since. He stated that it was set in the ground near the chapel of Saint-Gorvel near Argenton.|
|Dimensions:||1.83 x 0.76 x 0.76 (Davies et al./1999,)|
|Setting:||Lost (present 1640, missing 1640)|
|Location:||Davies et al./1999, last seen by Baron de Kergroades in 1640.|
Davies et al./1999, the stone was recorded as set in the ground near the chapel of Saint-Gorvel near Argenton.
Davies et al./1999, a square pillar, with four equal sides, and narrowing at the top.
|Condition:||complete , n/a|
Davies et al./1999, Kergroades does not record any damage to the stone.
Davies et al./1999, the inscription was preceeded by a cross, but we have no more details.
|Davies, W. et al. (1997):||+ | HEC | CRUX | : | BUDNOU | ENUS | ABAX | IUBSIT | FACERE | ISTAM|
HEC CRUX BUDNOUENUS ABAX IUBSIT FACERE ISTAM
This cross, abbot Budnouenus(PN) ordered it to be made.
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; below cross ; undivided|
|Date:||900 - 999 (Bernier/1982)|
|Ling. Notes:||Bernier/1982, 167, HEC has been carved for haec, JUBSIT for iussit, ISTAM for hanc or illam, and ABAX for abba or abbas.|
Davies et al./1999, if the makr by Kergroades between the third and second lines is really ornamentation then the inscription is clear. If, however, it marks a gap, or damage, then this line is lost.