|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1879 Wakeman, W.|
|History:||Macalister/1949, 125: `Wakeman [in 1879] reports that of twelve or fourteen inscribed stones formerly lying about on ecclesiastical ruins at this place, all but three were destroyed, unrecorded, by a contractor making a drain'.|
|Dimensions:||0.8 x 0.37 x 0.18 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
Macalister/1949, 125: `Still on the site'.
|Condition:||complete , inc|
|Crosses:||1: latin; outline; expanded; round; curved; cruciform; none; none; plain|
Macalister/1949, 125: `A Latin cross on one of the broad faces, having a lozenge shaped expansion in the centre and circular expansions at the terminals'.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1949):||ORD~U || MAEL || CLU | CHI|
OR[OIT] DU MAEL-CLUCHI
Macalister/1949 125 reading only
OSullivan/etal/1996 292 minor reference
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; within quadrants ; separated|
Macalister/1949, 125: `Inscriptions running along the sinister side of the cross'.
|Palaeography:||CISP: Insular half-uncial, but with quite angular letters. The M has a horizontal cross bar, the bow of the A is square, the U's are square-bottomed. The first L has a wedge-shaped finial on its ascender and the D appears to be a poor attempt at an open-bowed D with a heart-shaped bow. A contraction mark is placed above this D.|