|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1935 Lowry-Corry, D.|
|History:||Macalister/1949, 123, states that the stone was found within the cemetery of parish church of Killadeas, and that it was first published by Lady D. Lowry-Corry in 1935.|
|Dimensions:||1.57 x 0.91 x 0.11 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
Macalister/1949, 123: `The cemetery of the parish church of Killadeas'.
Macalister/1949, 123: `a slab'.
|Condition:||complete , some|
|Crosses:||1: equal-armed; interlace; expanded; other; plain; none; outer curv; other; n/a|
Macalister/1949, 23: `On the reverse face a semée of cup-shaped hollows, indicating an earlier appropriation of the stone. The obverse face bears a cross pattée in a circle, enriched with triquetras upon the expansions of the arms, and interlacements (now defaced beyond recovery) in the cantons. The cross is mounted on a stem, forked below, and supported, as it were, upon a boat-shaped base'.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1949):||BENDACHT | ARART | ULUR | CAIN|
BENDACHT AR ART U LURCAIN
A blessing upon Art ua Lurcáin (PN).
Macalister/1949 123, Fig. XVII reading only
|Position:||inc ; broad ; beside cross ; undivided|
Macalister/1949, 123: `on the dexter side of the stem'.
|Palaeography:||CISP: Insular half-uncial with the 'OC' A, majuscule R, curved L and T and a D with the an ascender which bends to the left over the bow.|
Macalister/1949, 123, states that the inscription is `much defaced', and is also equivocal about his reading.