|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1934 Lowry-Corry, D.|
|History:||Macalister/1949, 122, states that Lady Lowry-Corry first published this stone in 1934.|
|Dimensions:||0.0 x 0.0 x 0.0 (Unknown)|
Macalister/1949, 122: `The graveyard is on a slope...[this stone is] at the bottom, just inside the entrance gate'.
|Form:||Cramp shaft A|
Macalister/1949, 122, identifies it as the shaft of a standing stone cross.
|Condition:||inc , poor|
Macalister/1949, 122: `badly mutilated and defaced by weather wear'.
|Decorations:||figural; incomplete data; other|
Macalister/1949, 122: `once elaborately sculptured with figured and ornamental patterns'.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1949):||MAEL | CHIAR | AIN|
Macalister/1949 122 reading only
|Position:||S ; inc ; n/a ; inc|
Macalister/1949, 122: `The letters cover a space 4" high, 6" broad, also at the bottom of the south side of this shaft ; the whole breadth is 9"'.
|Language:||name only (rbook)|
|Palaeography:||CISP: Insular half-uncial with 'OC' A, majuscule R, and an L with a slightly curved ascender.|
Macalister/1949, 122: `but the decipherment can never be certain [due to weathering] ...The second may be MAELCHIARAIN, but this also cannot be given without much reserve'.
Hamlin/2001, 60: `not now visible'.