|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1934 Lowry-Corry, D.|
|History:||Macalister/1949, 122, states that Lady Lowry-Corry first published this stone in 1934.|
|Dimensions:||0.0 x 0.0 x 0.0 (Unknown)|
Macalister/1949, 122, states that the stone is at the top end of the sloping graveyard.
|Form:||Cramp shaft A|
Macalister/1949, 122, identifies it as the shaft of a standing stone cross.
|Condition:||inc , poor|
Macalister/1949, 122: `badly mutilated and defaced by weather wear'.
|Decorations:||figural; incomplete data; other|
Macalister/1949, 122: `once elaborately sculptured with figured and ornamental patterns'.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1949):||DUBL | ITIR|
Macalister/1949 122 reading only
|Position:||S ; inc ; n/a ; inc|
Macalister/1949, 122: `The letters cover a space 5" high, 6" broad, at the dexter side of an area 5" x 9 1/2", at the bottom of the south side of the shaft'.
|Date:||879 - 879 (Macalister/1949)|
Macalister/1949, 122: `may be DUBLITIR, which was the name of an abbot of Clones, ob. A.D. 879 (Annals of Ulster). Clones is so close by, and there seems to have been some connexion between its monastery and Galloon'.
|Language:||name only (rbook)|
|Palaeography:||CISP: Insular half-uncial of a squat and rounded variety. The D and B both have an open bow, with the D's ascender curving to the left over the bow. The L is also curved.|
Macalister/1949, 122: `but the decipherment can never be certain [due to weathering]'.
Hamlin/2001, 60: `not now visible'.