|Discovery:||arch excav, 1935 Kendrick, T.D.|
|History:||Found by T.D. Kendrick during his excavations of the priory.|
|Dimensions:||0.34 x 0.32 x 0.05 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
Macalister/1949, 72: `in an out-house near the gate-lodge'.
Macalister/1949, 74: `broken into fragments, of which seven survive'.
|Condition:||frgmntry , poor|
|Crosses:||1: equal-armed; outline; straight; n/a; square; none; none; none; plain|
Macalister/1949, 74: `a plain equilateral cross'.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1949):||LECCOEM | GUSA|
Stone of Coemgusa
Macalister/1949 74 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; above cross ; undivided|
|Palaeography:||CISP: The lettering is Insular half-uncial. The A is in the 'OC' form and the initial L and first C have wedge-shaped finials. The Es are in the closed minuscule form, with extended horizontal strokes. The S and G are half-uncial and the minuscule M has a flat top-stroke.|