|Discovery:||arch excav, 1935 Kendrick, T.D.|
|History:||Found by T.D. Kendrick during his excavations of the priory.|
|Dimensions:||0.99 x 0.66 x 0.12 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
Macalister/1949, 72: `in an out-house near the gate-lodge'.
|Condition:||frgmntry , poor|
|Crosses:||1: inc; outline; straight; expanded; ind; ind; none; none; plain|
Macalister/1949, 75: `bearing a cross of simple design; but the greater part of the inscribed face is flaked away, and but little is left of it'.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1949):||+O~R~D[O][--]| LAN[--|
Macalister/1949 75, Plate XXXVI reading only
|Position:||many ; broad ; within quadrants ; separated|
Macalister/1949, 75: `There was an inscription in two lines, above and below the transom of the cross, and apparently inverted with respect to it: for when the letters are set in an upright position, the longer portion of the vertical stem is above the transom, the shorter portion below. The inscription begins with a horizontal stroke, presumably the sinister arm of an initial cross, which has been broken from the stone with the rest of the dexter margin'.
|Palaeography:||CISP: The lettering is half-uncial. The D is O-shaped with a short stroke to the left from the top left corner of the bow. The R is half-uncial, the A minuscule, the L curved and the N has a flat top stroke.|