|Discovery:||arch excav, 1935 Kendrick, T.D.|
|History:||Found by T.D. Kendrick during his excavations of the priory.|
|Dimensions:||0.19 x 0.17 x 0.04 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
Macalister/1949, 72: `in an out-house near the gate-lodge'.
|Condition:||frgmntry , poor|
|Crosses:||1: arcs; outline; expanded; n/a; ind; ind; none; ind; plain|
Macalister/1949, 75: `a cross pattée in a circle'.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1949):||LENCM~ | NOTI|
LENC M[AC] NOTI
Macalister/1949 75 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; beside cross ; ind|
Macalister/1949, 75: `scratched'.
|Palaeography:||CISP: The lettering is Insular half-uncial. The initial curved L has a wedge-shaped finial. The E is in the closed minuscule form and the T is half-uncial with a curved ascender and a flat top-stroke. The minuscule M has curved top strokes. The first N has a flat top-stroke, but in the second example this stroke is curved|
Macalister/1949, 75: `This [inscription] appears to be complete, except for a slight damage to the M: the names, however, may be abbreviated'.