|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1694 Lhuyd, E.|
|History:||Macalister/1945, 390: `A stone taken from ancient graves in this parish called Beddau Gwyr Ardudwy, and built into the church wall, according to a correspondent of Lhuyd's (Parochialia iii 108). The church has since been rebuilt, and the stone is, no doubt, lost beyond hope...There is no reason to identify this with the stone over the window of Llandanwg Church as has been suggested (Comm. p. 28, No. 164)'.|
|Dimensions:||0.61 x 0.46 x 0.1 (converted from Lhywd/1910)|
|Setting:||Lost (present 1694, missing 1694)|
|Location:||Recorded by Lhwyd, since lost.|
Nash-Williams/1950, 167: ` `... a polished stone, about 2 foot longe and half a yard broad, and three or four inches thick'.
|Condition:||n/a , n/a|
|Decorations:||no other decoration|
|Lhuyd, E. (1694):||FERRVCI HIC IACIT|
FERRVCI HIC IACIT
[The stone] of Ferrucus (PN). He lies here.
Macalister/1945 390 listing
Nash-Williams/1950 167 other reference
|Position:||ind ; ind ; ind ; ind|
|Date:||400 - 533 (Nash-Williams/1950)|
Nash-Williams/1950, 167: `5th-early 6th century (?)'.
|Palaeography:||Nash-Williams/1950, 167: `Apparently Roman capitals'.|