|Discovery:||recognised, 1867 Williams, W.|
|History:||Macalister/1945, 267--268, 275: `The first lining stone on the western side'.|
Macalister also states that the stone was discovered, with the others, in 1867, but that it was not until 1936, when the souterrain was dismantled that the stones could be seen along their whole length.
|Geology:||Macalister/1945, 275: `slate'.|
|Dimensions:||1.12 x 0.51 x 0.0 (converted from Macalister/1945)|
Macalister/1945, 267, implies that the stone remains on the site.
Macalister/1945, 267, 275: `pillar-stone...a stump of slate'.
|Condition:||inc , some|
Macalister/1945, 275: 'it is worn and broken'.
|Decorations:||no other decoration|
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1945):||BRO[INION]AS|
Macalister/1945 275--276 reading only
Ziegler/1994 275--276 reading only
|Orientation:||vertical up down|
|Position:||inc ; arris ; inc ; undecorated|
Macalister/1945, 275: `on two edges (up-down)'.
Macalister/1945, 275: `pocked'.
|Date:||400 - 550 (Ziegler/1994)|
|Language:||name only (ogham)|
Macalister/1945, 275--276: `worn and broken and the top of the stone is lost. It seems to have read BRO[INION]AS….this would just about fill the missing portion. 1I123 still remain'.