|Discovery:||recognised, 1867 Williams, W.|
|History:||Macalister/1945, 267--268, 270: `The fifth [lintel]'.|
Macalister also states that the stone was discovered, with the others, in 1867, but that it was not until 1936, when the souterrain was dismantled that the stones could be seen along their whole length.
|Geology:||Macalister/1945, 270: `Greenstone'.|
|Dimensions:||1.55 x 0.33 x 0.18 (converted from Macalister/1945)|
Macalister/1945, 267, implies that the stone remains on the site.
Macalister/1945, 267: `pillar-stone'.
|Condition:||incomplete , some|
Macalister/1945, 270: `the top of the stone is broken off'.
|Decorations:||no other decoration|
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1945):||MAQIINI[--] ||| [MAQI ||| QE]TTEAS|
MAQI INI[--MAQI QE]TTEAS
Macalister/1945 270--271 reading only
Ziegler/1994 275 reading only
|Orientation:||vertical up along down|
|Position:||inc ; arris ; inc ; undecorated|
Macalister/1945, 270: `on two angles (up-down)'.
Macalister/1945, 270: `chiselled'.
|Ling. Notes:||McManus/1991, 116.|
Macalister/1945, 270: `The top of the stone has been broken off and with it has gone the middle of the inscription...The fracture passes just above the third score of a letter on the B-side, following 3I at the top of the dexter edge, and through the first score of the letter at the top of the sinister edge. The face flanked by the inscribed angles has certainly been trimmed by chipping, and on the right-hand edge, below the final S, there are suggestions of the tips of the scores of an earlier inscription'.