|Discovery:||recognised, 1898 Carmody, W.P.|
|History:||Macalister/1945, 297: `Discovered by Rev. W. P. (afterwards Dean) Carmody, then rector of Connor, in the year 1898. There were two inscribed stones roofing a souterrain...the first [stone] remains where it was found, and as the souterrain is now closed, is at present inaccessible'.|
|Dimensions:||0.0 x 0.0 x 0.0 (Unknown)|
Macalister/1945, 297, states that the stone, as of 1945, was still part of the souterrain and thus inaccessible.
|Condition:||inc , inc|
|Decorations:||no other decoration|
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1945):||TORAESCEUSASMAQIMUCOIMEUTINI|
TORAESCEUSAS MAQI MUCOI MEUTINI
Macalister/1945 297 reading only
Ziegler/1994 278 minor reference
|Position:||inc ; arris ; n/a ; undecorated|
Macalister/1945, 297: `the inscriptions occupy one angle'.
Macalister/1945, 297: `little more than pin-scrapes'.
|Date:||400 - 700 (Ziegler/1994)|
|Ling. Notes:||Macalister/1945, 297: `with some hesitation as to the doubl vowel EU in the first word. It has been suggested to divide this word into two, TORAES CEUSAS, but there is no obvious advantage in doing so'.|
Macalister/1945, 297: `the inscriptions...are so lightly cut -- little more than pin-scrapes --that decipherment is difficult'.