|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1822 Petrie, G.|
|History:||Petrie/1872, 32: `Drawn by Dr. Petrie at Clonmacnois, in the year 1822'.|
Macalister/1949, 50, records the stone as still on site.
|Dimensions:||0.99 x 0.62 x 0.04 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
|Condition:||complete , good|
|Crosses:||1: latin; outline; straight; other; round holl; cruciform; inner curv; other; plain|
Macalister/1909, 22: `This is another curious variation...instead of the two loops, however, the arms terminate with square notches'.
Macalister/1949, 50: `Wheel cross fitchée with nicks in the three upper terminals'.
|Petrie, G. (1872):||MA/EL || TUILE|
Petrie/1872 32 reading only
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1909):||MA/EL || TUILI|
Macalister/1909 22 reading only
Macalister/1949 50 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; within quadrants ; separated|
The inscription is in the two lower quadrants.
|Language:||name only (rbook)|
|Palaeography:||CISP: The inscription is in half-uncial. The A/E is ligatured, with a square A and a three-pronged E; the L has a wedge-shaped finial; the T is angular in shape; the M has short leftwards strokes at the bottom of each ascender.|