|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1872 Conyngham, B.|
|History:||Petrie/1872, 25: `This stone was drawn at Clonmacnois...by Colonel Burton Conyngham, and given to Dr. Petrie by Mr. Cooper'.|
Recorded as still on site in Macalister/1949, 50.
|Dimensions:||0.71 x 0.51 x 0.06 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
|Condition:||complete , good|
|Crosses:||1: latin; outline; straight; expanded; round holl; none; inner curv; none; plain|
Macalister/1949, 50: `wheel cross'.
|Petrie, G. (1872):||DUB || INSE|
Macalister/1909 22 reading only
Macalister/1949 50 reading only
Petrie/1872 25 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; within quadrants ; separated|
The inscription is within the two upper quadrants.
|Date:||814 - 1032 (Lionard/1961)|
|Language:||name only (rbook)|
|Palaeography:||CISP: The inscription is in half-uncial. The initial D has an ascender bending leftwards over an open bow; the S is minuscule; the E is three-pronged with an elongated middle stroke, and the B is also open-bowed.|
Lionard/1961, 160, identifies the commemorand as either this lector, or a scribe from Clonmacnoise whose obit is placed in 814 in the Annals of the Four Masters.