|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1869 Graves, J.|
|History:||Petrie/1872, 37: `Drawn by M[argaret] S[tokes] from a rubbing of the stone by the Rev. James Graves and Mr. W. M. Hennesy in the year 1869'.|
Recorded as still on site in Macalister/1949, 50.
|Dimensions:||0.61 x 0.53 x 0.06 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
|Condition:||incomplete , some|
Macalister/1909, 22: `bottom broken away...the surface of the stone is much flaked'.
|Crosses:||1: latin; outline; straight; plain; round holl; none; inner curv; ind; plain|
Macalister/1909, 22: `A plain Celtic cross...angles invecked'.
Macalister/1949, 50: `wheel cross'.
|Petrie, G. (1869):||AE || D|
Macalister/1909 22 reading only
Macalister/1949 50 reading only
Petrie/1872 37 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; within quadrants ; separated|
|Date:||738 - 738 (Petrie/1872)|
|Language:||name only (rbook)|
|Palaeography:||CISP: The inscription is in an angular form of half-uncial, with the bows of the A and D almost lozenge shaped. The E is three-pronged and curved with an elongated middle stroke.|
Macalister/1909, 22: `the surface of the stone is much flaked, but this has not seriously interfered with the cross or inscription'.